Search This Blog

Sunday, September 15, 2013

John Shore's odd blog post, from my perspective

This was an odd post, from my perspective, that John Shore made to his blog site, when you consider that he has blocked my further comments there, as Wayne has done with my comment to his site about the NALT project.  As I said before, I have no confidence that if I made a video and submitted it that it would be included. 

I still get the notifications, "JohnShore.com <donotreply@wordpress.com>" for new posts to the site. 

They had time to read my comments to decide to block them...  Is this really about not having time to respond?  And of course, John or anyone else associated with this project has yet to define what the term, LBGT-affirming Christian, means.  


This was an especially odd statement, later on in this post of John's, where he said, "I also want to thank some of the bloggers who’ve supported NALT. I wish I had time to read all such posts; I wish I was aware of them all."  He wishes to read posts that support his position, but not those that ask him to clarify it. 

Here is another odd section of John's post where he says, "On Wednesday I, NALT co-founder Wayne Besen, of Truth Wins Out, and my wife Catherine, who is so integral to NALT, had an hour-long teleconference with fifteen representatives of the largest and most important LGBT-affirming Christian organizations and ministries in the country. Some of those on the call were from organizations currently in the thoughtful process of discerning what exactly their relationship with NALT might best look like for them."  Again, remember than John can't define what the term, LBGT-affirming Christian means, so how would he be able to know what other organizations also match his definition of that term is? 

And finally, again, at least the Huffington Post, didn't block comments about the project as John's moderator did at his blog site.  So, how objective is the project.....?

So, I posted this, and got the same response:

Mike Jones September 15, 2013 at 10:42 am
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
From my perspective, I found this post to be odd, given that the term, LGBT-affirming Christian, has yet to be defined. http://ethnologystudy.blogspot.com/2013/09/john-shores-odd-blog-post-from-my.html


The NALT Christians Project thanks you

holding-handsOn behalf of the small but passionately dedicated team responsible for The NALT Christians Project, I want to thank everyone who has helped make our first week such a tremendous success. Most of all, I want to thank the (as of this writing) seventy-five people who have taken the time and effort to make a NALT video. One of the craziest things about ushering this project through its first whirlwind week is that neither I nor my partners have even had time to personally respond to those good people who, throughout the week, continued to make us cry through the sheer power of their NALT video testimonies. Read more of this post


This was the auto reply that came from WordPress today, on Sept. 16th.  Sure seems like someone is reading something..., since my comment was rejected for this article on John's blog.  The comment at least went through as far as WordPress is concerned for this article.

Howdy.

You recently followed one of my posts. This means you will receive an email when new comments are posted.

To activate, click confirm below. If you believe this is an error, ignore this message and we'll never bother you again.

Blog Name: JohnShore.com
Blog URL: http://johnshore.com


If you want to see all of the blogs you follow on the web in one easy place, sign up for a WordPress.com account


No comments:

Post a Comment